Many fans only see an artist as a lucky individual with some talent. Most will never realize the amount of hard work that goes into becoming a success in the music industry. The passion and drive must be there before a band will ever get well known. A great example of this hard work is our friends from Greye. It has been a while since we covered them and the song “The Worrier” but a new album is here.
The four-piece band hails from Daytona Beach, Florida. As Greye they have developed an innovative sound and style that has come to be known as Progressive Americana. The mix of acoustic folk instruments with jam and progressive rock styles has truly set them apart.
Their rigorous work ethic and busy schedule have come to define them as musicians, with gigs all over the east coast in addition to many countless hours spent in the studio, they still manage to fit in multiple practices each week. Greye knows what it takes and is willing to do it all.
It has all started to pay off as the band has had the opportunity to perform on big stages at the Key West Song Writer’s Festival, Awendaw Green’s Barn Jam in Awendaw, SC, The End in Nashville, TN, The Dock in Ithaca, NY, and Freebird Live in Jacksonville, FL. People are taking notice as well as the Greye fanbase has continued to grow fast.
Now Greye is back with a new album and lead single in “Windows”. The song highlights their progressive jam style with real songwriter skills pushing it forward. The vocals of Hannah Summer stand out here with there power and grace. Some impressive guitar work pops up to show the full talents of the group. “Windows” is over 5 minutes of fun and skill wound up in a tight little package.
If you are on the east coast, try to make it out to see Greye live on their current tour:
Windows Tour Dates:
- The Mill – 1026 E Montague Ave., North Charleston, SC 29405 – July 15th @ 10pm
- Common Grounds – 602 S Elam Ave., Greensboro, NC 27403 – July 16th @ 8pm
- Stanley’s Pub – 323 Stanley Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45226 – July 19th @ 9:30pm
- Stone Tavern at Michel’s – 1157 W Main St., Kent, OH 44240 – July 21st
- Rock the Docks – Howard Brown Park, Norwich, CT 06360 – July 26th @ 6pm
- The Hungry Tiger – 120 Charter Oak St., Manchester, CT 06040 – July 27th @ 7pm
- Abrews Tap & Grill – 1794 Bridge St., Dracut, MA 01826 – July 28th @ 9pm
- The Stand – 196 S Montowese St., Branford, CT 06405 – July 29th @ 8pm
- The Middle East – 480 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02139 – July 31st @ 10pm
- Stella’s Barn – 1346 Elmira Rd., Newfeild, NY 14867 – August 2nd @ 6pm
- Lot 10 Kitchen and Lounge – 160 S Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY 14850 – August 4th @ 10pm
- The Back Door Bar – 3092 NY-28, Old Forge, NY 13420 – August 5th @ 8pm
- Palmetto Brewing Co. – 289 Huger St., Charleston, SC 29403 – August 12th @ 6pm
- Johnking Grill & Bar – 428 King St., Charleston, SC 29403 – August 12th @ 10pm
Hear more music and keep up with the latest on the Greye WEBSITE.