With the power of the internet, and a mask, an artist today could be anonymous and still get recognized for their great music. Our recent discovery Shadowhood has found a way to connect with the consciousness of the listener without having to show their face. We caught up with the innovative artist to get a behind the scenes look. Enjoy the interview:
First off, where did the name Shadowhood come from?
– ShadowHood, cross-genres composer, performer, clarinetist, and songwriter. Aim for a musical reformation by innovating and cross-referencing music genres. Anonymous artist, inspired by his alter-ego and story of Robinhood. New York based, residing in Boston
How would you describe your multi-genre sound?
– Conscious music, In which a song is a story, and has deeper meanings than just music itself. Created by conscious minds and performed by creative artists. Mixed with Jazz, classical, pop and hiphop.
Which artists have had the biggest influence on Shadowhood?
– Marshmello, he inspired me to be an anonymous musician and performer.
Michael Jackson, social change and world figure.
How does a song come together for you? What is your songwriting process?
– Start with an idea or something I need to say to the world through music. Inspired by people around me, stories of people, social problems and changes, nature. Use empathy to compose my music, which i become the character that i am writing, experiencing the original story and emotions.
Tell us the story behind your most recent romantic track “Lavender”?
– Lavender, Valentine’s day release feature Brandon Crichfield. Dedicated to every couple who find their way to each other because of true love. This is a very touching song with the most beautiful and expressive melody. Simple words expressing the most intense emotions.
How do you hope to connect with the listener with your music?
– ShadowHood’s music is purely conscious music, it has to connect the soul and emotions of the listeners, It has deeper meanings than just music. A song has to be a story that connects to listeners’ mind and heart. It is also different from all the music because he is trying to create a new style of musical expression, with no limitation of creativity.
What advice would you give other artists creating their own musical lane?
– Understand what you need and what you think, analyze your own music, find the difference and what makes yours unique. Be brave, be firm, and believe yourself, because you will be the only few that will dare to make a difference in music, and music industry.
Where does Shadowhood go from here?
– More conscious songs and collaboration with talented musicians, keep create and develop own way of musical expression and connect to those who understand it.
Follow Shadowhood here: