One of the biggest uses of music is to create emotions and moods. Our recent discovery THE KOMPOZITOR has mastered this ability with his electronic music sound. We had a chance to chat with him to see how it all comes together and where he is going next. Enjoy the interview:
First off, tell us about how the name THE KOMPOZITOR came to be?
– Originally I’ve had a name Mista Al, but it sounded like I’m doing beats or hip hop music only (which I wasn’t haha). So, I wanted to have a new name that will tell people: “Hey, I can create or compose lots of different genres, cause making one genre is boring to me.” So, I spelled Russian word “композитор” ( which means “composer”) with English letters and here it go – it sounds right to my music.
How would you describe your music?
– My every (except maybe few) track is an “imagine” story, you can always tell that by the name of the composition. It’s like you are watching a movie or fantasizing about something. So, I’d describe my music as a genre – electrostory haha
Basically, imagine your own movie with your own soundtrack.
Which artists have had the biggest influence on you?
– My biggest influence will be – The Prodigy (from UK). First time I’ve heard “Music For Jilted Generation” (their second album) – it blown my mind. Liam (music maker) is a freaken genius as a musician.
What is it that pushes you to create music?
– Emotions and imagination. Day by day you go through different emotions and I use that to put them into music. That’s why it’s always different moods in my tracks: sad, happy, fast, slow, melancholy and etc…
How does a song come together for THE KOMPOZITOR? What is your songwriting process?
– Always different stages. Depends on the mood: good mood – I start to create melody with good vibes; bad mood – I create melody with sad or little depressing vibes and etc… sometimes (when I just experiment around) I create an interesting beat and than try put story on top of it (imagination again haha)
Process could be from few hours to few days.. few times I’ve had 2 weeks for one track.
Share some advice for other artists trying to find their own path in music.
– At the point where I stand right now – I need an advise to myself haha I’m still new, but one thing so far – don’t stop to create and invest in yourself.
What does the future hold for THE KOMPOZITOR?
– Hopefully I’ll get my compositions into movies or TV series or video games – this is where I’m trying to hit. Once I’ll get that chance – I will not letting it go.
Also, I’ve got new mini album release in July 23rd. It’s gonna be more on positive side and good chilling vibes.
Look for “The Kompozitor – This Is Not An Album” on release date and you can follow me on social media to stay updated.